How to Survive in Finnish Nature
Finland is known for its clean air, beautiful green forests and thousands of lakes. This course takes you to different parts of Finland from the sea to the Lakeland and from the forests to the fells of Lapland. You will find out how diverse the Finnish nature is and learn how to be able to experience it by yourself.
This course provides you with all necessary information on how to make it through the first forest hikes by yourself. We will cover essential topics from the history of the lakes to how to safely start a campfire in the forest. You will also learn about everyone’s rights in Finland.
Skills you gain
This course gives you skills and tools to answer the following questions:
- How and where to hike in Finland?
- What am I allowed to do in the Finnish nature?
- Where to find reliable information about national parks?
- What should I take with me to the forest and what will be provided there?
- How and where to start a campfire in the Finnish forest?
About this Micro Course
- Target group: everyone interested in learning more about the Finnish nature, people planning to visit Finland, people interested in hiking and camping
- Field of study: tourism, hospitality management and youth work, natural science
- Level: basic
- Requirements: none
- Course workload: 10 hours
- Assessment: on the scale Pass/Fail
- Language: English
- Video transcript: None
This Micro Course includes practical steps to follow with videos, links, activating tasks and quizzes.
About the instructor
Your instructor and guide to Finnish nature is Olli Järvenkylä, Wilderness Guide and Community Manager
Achieving a certificate
The Micro Course is assessed on the scale Pass/Fail. Receiving a certificate via email requires completing all mandatory activities, and at least 50% of them correctly.
Does this Micro Course interest you? This is what to do!
- Click on the Add to cart button.
- Pay for the Micro Course according to the online store instructions.
- You receive two messages in your email, an order confirmation and a link to the Claned learning platform.
- Log in to the Claned learning platform, take the Micro Course within 6 months and enjoy learning new.